Click to Home
Explore Greenwood
Go To Search
Business Licenses
Renewing Privilege Licenses
Local businesses are sent privilege license renewal packets every year with a schedule of fees. For more information, contact the office of the city clerk.

Obtaining Privilege Licenses
If you are starting a new business, you will need to contact:

1. Mississippi Department of Revenue

(601) 923-7000
500 Clinton Center Drive
Clinton, MS 39056
Just off Springridge Road and I-20 in South Pointe Building Plaza. Customer service entrance and visitor parking is located on the South end of the South Building.
Email & Additional Contact Info

2. Department of Community Development

(662) 455-7613
101 W Church St.
Greenwood, MS 38930
(Second floor of City Hall, on the left)

Community Development will then write a letter to the office of the city clerk, who will then contact you and ask you to come in to complete the remaining paperwork.

3. Office of the City Clerk

(662) 453-2246
101 W. Church St. 
Greenwood, MS 38930 
(First floor of City Hall, to the right)

Contact Information
For more help in starting a local small business, visit the Mississippi Entrepreneur Resource Networks website or the Mississippi Development Authority.

State Tax ID
State Tax Commission
119 Grand Boulevard
(662) 453-1742

Electricity, Water,
Garbage, & Sewage

Greenwood Utilities
(662) 453-7234

Atmos Energy
(888) 286-6700

(877) 242-2145

Post Office
200 E. Washington
(662) 453-3242
Open M-F, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm; Sat., 8:00 am to 10:00 am

Post Office
600 Yalobusha St.
(662) 453-3228
Open M-F, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm; Sat., 8:30 am to 12:00 pm

MS Delta Community College
(662) 246-MDCC
Info Advanced