About the Commission
The tourism commission advises the city's executive branch on the promotion of tourism and conventions. The commission also carries out related tasks assigned by the mayor. Members include one representative per city ward, appointed by the mayor and approved by the council; the Greenwood-Leflore Chamber of Commerce's executive director (permanent chairman); the chairman of the Chamber's tourism committee; the president of the Greenwood-Leflore industrial board; the director of the Greenwood-Leflore Civic Center; a representative of the Greenwood-Leflore Hotel Assocation; and a representative of the Greenwood Restaurant Association.
- Toni Powers, Ward 1
- Tim Tyler, Ward 2
- Carl Cates, Ward 3
- Liz King, Ward 4
- Cyndi Long, Ward 5
- Dorothy Huggions, Ward 6
- Mattie Gray, Ward 7
Convention & Tourism Bureau Appointments
- Jean Cadney, GLCEDF
- Abigail Newsome, Mississippi Valley State University
- Andrew McQueen, Leflore County Civic Center
- Lindsey Uithoven, Hotel Association (Chairman)
- Ben Cox, Restaurant Association (Vice Chairman)
- Hank Reichle, Chamber Of Commerce (Ex-Officio)
- Brantley Snipes, Museum of the Mississippi Delta (Ex-Officio)
If you are interested in applying for a vacancy, you may apply online or contact the Office of the Mayor for an application form.
Meetings held the second Monday of each month at 4:00 pm. at 225 Howard Street.